I heard from a friend about how good Green Tea Smoothies are and I wanted to see if indeed this was true! Since I love to use my Blendtec blender this recipe that I found was easy and delicious.Read More
Ok....if you are looking for a low-fat summer dessert that will knock your socks off....this is it. Start this a few days ahead as the vodka needs time to soak in. You can do this in a cooler of ice if you like. Slice small pieces for your guests! Especially those who have never tried such a thing in college....you know who you are. Enjoy!
- 1/2 bottle of vodka (~375mls)
- 1 watermelon
Cut hole in watermelon as big as the neck of a bottle or funnel. We found directions online in WikiHow.
- Let the vodka bottle sit for a while. Do this until the entire bottle (~375mls) has been absorbed into the fruit. Depending on your watermelon this may take a very long time - potentially up to 1 week.
- Wait a little longer after the bottle is empty. This will ensure that the watermelon can absorb all the delicious flavoring.
- Cut the watermelon, serve and enjoy.
Ok...most of you know that I am a big fan of Harvest Restaurant in Madison. I found the recipe for my favorite drink there. Because it's Wisconsin and we grow a lot of cherries here in Door County, this drink was born at Harvest Restaurnt. It is sooooo good! We can find the Door County Cherry Juice here in Madison but if you can't the best brand is from The Cherry Hut in Fish Creek, WI.
Yield: Yield: 1 serving
- 1½ oz Vodka
- 1 oz. Tart cherry juice (preferably from Door County)
- ½ oz Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ oz Simple syrup
Shake vodka, cherry juice, lemon juice and simple syrup over ice; serve up. Garnish with stemmed cherry or lemon zest.