"Why are the liberals completely overreacting to Trump’s unique style of governing?
They’re not. He’s a fucking sociopath. And here’s a recipe for raspberry scones:"
Preheat oven to 400.
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into 1/2-inch cubes and then chilled
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 cup frozen raspberries, kept in the freezer until ready to use
- Combine measured flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up any lumps. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until small, pea-sized pieces remain.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of the cream and, using your finger, mix until just incorporated and a rough, slightly sticky mound has formed (not all of the flour will be incorporated). Turn the dough and loose flour out onto a work surface and knead until most of the flour is incorporated and the dough just holds together (be careful not to overwork it). Lightly flour a rolling pin and the work surface. Using your hands, roughly form the dough into a rectangle, keeping the long edge toward you. Roll the dough into an 8-by-10-inch rectangle (if the dough cracks, push it back together), again keeping the long edge toward you.
- Remove the raspberries from the freezer, evenly arrange them in a single layer over the lower two-thirds of the rectangle, and press them into the dough (it’s OK if some break).
- Starting with the top, berryless third, fold the dough lengthwise into thirds, pressing on the layers as you go (use a spatula or pasty scraper if the dough sticks to the work surface).
- Flour the rolling pin again and gently roll the dough into an even 1-inch-thick block. If the ends become tapered, square them with your hands. Slice the dough crosswise (do not saw back and forth) into 4 equal pieces. Cut each piece diagonally to form 2 triangles.
- Transfer the scones to the floured plate and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the scones from the freezer and transfer to the prepared baking sheet, setting them 2 inches apart. Brush a thin layer of the remaining 1 tablespoon cream over the tops of the scones and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden brown on the top and bottom, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.