When life gives you lemons....make crispy, buttermilk waffles. It's Sunday and felt like something special after a really difficult week at work. I had leftover buttermilk from another recipe, so I used the rest here with a recipe I found on food.com. These were perfect and nice and crispy. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
NOTE: The waffles will benefit if you have all the ingredients at room temperature.
When you begin to make the batter, turn on the waffle iron to get it nice and hot.
- Melt the stick of butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt, stirring well to combine ingredients. Create a depression in the center of the dry ingredients for the buttermilk mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a large pourable measuring cup until frothy and well-combined. Add the vanilla extract, buttermilk and cooled butter. Beat until well-combined.