I heard from a friend about how good Green Tea Smoothies are and I wanted to see if indeed this was true! Since I love to use my Blendtec blender this recipe that I found was easy and delicious. I used 1 packet of Splenda in my recipe. I purchased some matcha from Amazon.com.
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 ounces hot water ( but not boiling)
- 3 teaspoons sugar ( or artificial sweetener)
- 4 ounces milk
- 8 ice cubes
1. Mix 1/2 tsp green tea powder in 2 ounces of hot water in a bowl. Stir with a whisk until completely dissolved.
2. Stir in 3 teaspoons of sugar or sugar substitute (can adjust to taste).
3. Add in 4 ounces of milk and stir.
4. Add ice cubes and blend in a blender until smooth. I use my Blendtec!
5. Note: You could also drink this as a Matcha Green Tea Iced Latte by just pouring the mixture over ice instead of blending.